U. P. Asbestos Ltd. was incorporated under the Companies Act 1956, on 18th July ,1973 and obtained certificate of commencement of business on 4th August, 1973.
It is an existing public limited company with its registered office at Lucknow. The Company is in the business of manufacturing and marketing of asbestos cement sheets & moulded goods under the brand name “UPAL”
The Company has its manufacturing unit at Mohanlalganj, Lucknow, U. P. consisting of three A. C. sheeting lines with a total installed capacity of 1,08,000 MT per annum. The company also has one line at Dadri (Gautam Budh Nagar) that has been leased out.
Over the years, the Company has made a niche in the AC sheet industry and is recognized as a major player. The company’s AC Sheet unit is and continues to be the only such unit in the state of U. P. The Company has highly experienced and technically qualified personnel to manage its day to day operations and has a very strong marketing network. The product of company are sold throughout the country and are well-accepted in the market for their quality, versatility, durability and the Company’s pre and post sales service. The company’s products conform to BIS standards.
The product sales are made directly as well as through a network of stockists. The Company has a full-fledged sales office at Lucknow and a liaisoning office at New Delhi. The sales office is situated in Lucknow.
Over the years, the Company has established a dedicated network of stockists / sub-dealers in several states who contribute in promoting the products of the Company. Besides, the Company also does publicity through press advertisements, hoardings, participating in fairs, etc.
IMPORTANT TIPS ON FIXING OF SHEETS
- While carrying, handle the sheets by the end and not by the sides.
- Smooth side of the sheet should face upwards.
- Holes -3 mm larger than the diameter of fixing bolts at crowns must be drilled, never punched.
- Screw nuts lightly at first and tighten only after 10-12 sheets are laid.
- Bitumen washers of good quality and flat GL washers must be used while fixing the bolts
- Never over tighten the nuts.
- Maximum purlin spacing recommended for roofing in 1.4 M and for side cladding 1.7M. Overhang
eaves exceed 300 mm.
- Roof ladder should always be used when working.